Thursday, May 08, 2014

More TFWW

I forgot to mention the tool/bench appliance I use more than any other tool from TFWW, the Gramercy Holdfast. It is by far the best and most cost effective holdfast on the market. There my be better/prettier ones made by local blacksmiths but I will bet they will not hold better nor will you be able to buy a pair for $35 USD.

I know this sounds like a commercial but I'm always surprised when talking to other woodworkers how many are not aware of TFWW and of the great products they carry.

5 comments:

  1. agreed, best holdfast for the money! Just remember to oil them regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been abusing my pair since he first offered them for sale. I have broken 2 other hold fasts but so far these don't even whimper when I use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. +1. I think the best thing about them is that they are "springy" and flex noticeably. It keeps pressure on the workpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:31 AM

    Yep, got tired of breaking Woodcraft/Rockler....
    TFWW is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the reasons I'm building a new bench, other than I just want to, is to replace the square dogs with 3/4" round ones. I use holdfasts a lot more than I use dogs. Jury is still out on an end vise. If I install one, it will be the LV just because it is an EZ install and there are a few times an end vise is helpful.

    ReplyDelete