Sunday, February 23, 2020

Journal Update

After being supper compliant under MsBubba's watchful eye, even down to drinking decaf coffee. BTW, drinking Decaf is like kissing your sister, it may be a kiss but there sure isn't a thrill.

On to the chase, yesterday I went back into AFib, with all my usual symptoms, shortness of breath, heavy legs, and extreme weariness. Being the weekend, stuff always happens on the weekend, it will be tomorrow before I can see the Doc and hopefully figure out a plan.

Until then, I've a set of pre-war Marples chisels that need to be brought up to speed, this will be a good time to piddle around with them. Work on a chisel and when I need a rest go to the office and move paper around. Repeat as able.

I hate to complain but, damn it knocks your dauber into the dirt.

ken 

5 comments:

  1. Steve D2:29 PM

    I had a coworker years ago that was having afib. He had surgery for it which if I remember was a replacement valve. I had two friends at that job with heart problems and one had surgery and the other almost did but had a last minute change of plans.

    The second guy had this fancy NY surgeon who didn't take insurance, blah blah blah. My friend goes in for surgery, is put under anesthesia and the surgeon decides at the last minute my friend shouldn't have the surgery they had been planning out.

    My buddy woke up, no scars, no pain, thinking WTF just happened.

    The first guy with the pig valve is doing fine so that is the more common outcome. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,

    I'm not sure what the path forward is but I expect it will be another cardiac ablation. The new meds have really ugly possible side effects. I do not wish to stay on them for more than a week or two. Anyway other than the AFib it is nice to have the days off work.

    ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve D7:28 PM

    Hope it all works out for you. The uncertainty must be tough on you and MsBubba.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken-
    I've had 4 episodes of AFib that required hospitalization. The last one was in 1996, when the docs changed my meds to flecainide acetate (tambocor). I realize that everyone is different, but it may be worth asking your doc about it. Its been very effective for me. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RShep,

      Thanks, yep it can be a problem. Some folks are asymptomatic like one of my good friends. He never knows he is in AFib until someone checks him. Myself I know within minutes without anyone checking or having an EKG.

      The Doc just took me off Flecainide acetate because it wasn't working and went to another that has really bad possible side effects. I see him tomorrow and one of the first things to talk about is getting off the new meds.

      Good luck with yours. It can be a PITA.

      ken

      Delete