Saturday, May 12, 2018

BBQ

A couple of days ago a client was in the "snake pit" filling out a FAA form on one of the computers. I had typed him several years ago so we visited for a bit, he mentioned he would like some good BBQ. I don't need much excuse to fire up the pit and with MsBubba in Houston visiting the kids instead of in the background kvetching about "dead cows" and smoke it is a done deal.

Cut to the chase, I was almost out of pit wood this morning so I got the pit warming up but had to go buy enough wood to finish. This time they didn't have a good selection but did have one short cord of Pecan for $100 USD. Zero on Oak in stock and they said it might be mid Summer before any came in. That's maybe bad news because I want some Oak for chair parts as well as pit wood.

Anyway, here is the brisket a couple or three hours from being finished:


The day has been windy so the pit has been a little fussy but no big deal, it gives me an excuse to forget the honey-dos and enjoy minding the pit with whisky in hand.

ken

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ken

    I am sure that some where on the honey-do list, there's a task which says something about keeping the spirit up and be happy.
    Barbecue is probably just what she means.

    Brgds
    Jonas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonas,

      I'm not sure, that woman is a slave driver, I tell you a slave driver :-).

      About four hours after the above post I cut into the brisket, it was so good. One of the best briskets I've ever BBQed. Wish you could have been here,

      ken

      Delete