Monday, June 26, 2017

Loo's Side Table

Several weeks ago the girl child and hubby drove from Houston
to Tucson to visit and exchange their Honda Fit for our Dodge Cummins Diesel truck. They needed more truck, we needed a smaller "Toad" for the motorhome, sometimes things work out win win.

I was building a side table that had one of MsBubba's mosaics for the top as a Birthday present for Loo. I hoped to have it finished in time to go back to Houston with them but as usual I'm a little slow. The top was ready to go but I hadn't finished the base. We sent the top on home with the kids to be followed by the base once finished.

I put the first coat of Danish Oil on the base a couple of minutes ago and hope to go see my UPS girl in a couple of days. It will be good to get it out of the shop.

BTW, the mosaic top has a Sapele border and the legs are also Sapele. The aprons are some Cherry I had in the wood pile. It's not the best table I've made but.....


I thought I had a photo of the top but maybe not. Anyway here is the finished base.



2 comments:

  1. It looks really nice. That's a good combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy,

    Thanks, I asked MsBubba if she had a photo of the top and she said she did....Now if I can get my hands on it I will post the top image as well.

    ken

    ReplyDelete