Thursday, March 12, 2015

The #6 sized planes

I have very few #6's.

From left to right a shop made with a Hock O1 iron, a type 9 Stanley #6C with a Hock O1 iron and chip breaker, and last a Woodriver #6 with a Vertias O1 iron. They are all good planes but I would guess the least used of my planes.



I need to do the first day off of the week street running this AM, the usual stop for gas, pick up the cleaning, go to the wood store and Home depot, pick up my meds, then Costco for everything else. I hope there is a little time and energy left for shop time before beer-thirty this afternoon. Oh, one other thing...I'm expecting the UPS girl to stop by sometime today with some goodies, pics if she makes it (of the goodies not the UPS girl :-)). 

4 comments:

  1. I know Ralph, shameful. My excuse is I almost never use a #6, they are kinda neither fish or fowl....the #5 is good for the shorter work and the #7 or #8 for longer. I forget they are in the till.

    ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have 1 #6 but I use it all the time when dimensioning stock, but that's me and how I work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ralph,

    But you are a manly man and four square by hand, I'm a wimp and let my iron apprentices do the hard work :-). I expect the #6 and the #7 would get a lot more work if the machines didn't take up half the floor space of my shop.

    ken

    ReplyDelete