Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Sweet Maggie Dog


 Sweet Maggie Dog is a rescue Chocolate Lab who joined our family a few months after our other rescue Yellow Lab, Sam the Wonder Dog. Last year at an age of around 14 or 15 years we had to put Sam down, I still tear up when I think of Sam. Maggie is 13 years old and suddenly, over night has become unable to stand and walk. I expect we will take her to the Vet either today or tomorrow if she does not improve during the day.  

Maggie comes by her name naturally, everyone who has met her almost without exception will comment that she is the sweetest dog they have known. This will be the first time in over eleven years we have been without a dog in our life, as much as I have missed Sam I expect we will miss Maggie even more.  

 We will miss you my wonderful friend and shop dog.

9 comments:

  1. Steve D5:45 AM

    So sorry to hear of Maggie's change. My Delia dog is 14 and has some old lady problems catching up with her. She can't hop in the car very easily so working from home has given me an easy way to keep an eye on her during the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,

      Mags is the same with "old Lady" problems and has a portable step so she can walk instead of jump into the car or truck. She is now OK, see today's post.

      ken

      Delete
  2. Hi Ken

    I am so sorry to hear of Maggie's health.
    Loosing a dog is incredibly hard.

    Lots of comforting thoughts
    Jonas and Bertha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonas,

      Yes it is, we lost Sam the Wonder Dog last year and I still tear up when I see a photo or think about him. This time we dodged a bullet with Maggie, see today's Maggie update.

      Thanks,

      ken

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear of Maggie's diminishment. It is heart rending to lose a member of the family as sweet as she must be. Every one of my dogs have been special to me and leave a hole in my heart. My prayers are with ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John,

      They are members of the family. We dodged the heartbreak this time, see today's update.

      ken

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear of Maggie's diminishment. It is heart rending to lose a member of the family as sweet as she must be. Every one of my dogs have been special to me and leave a hole in my heart. My prayers are with ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken, deeply sorry to read such bad news.
    Reading all your posts for quite a while I found out that Maggie looks to be a joy to live with.
    Best wishes in this difficult moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lionel,

      Yes she is, loving but not too demanding, like a perfect date. Likes long walks on the beach, midnight swims, and just sitting next to each other looking at the moon and stars. Of course if there is a tennis ball in the mix it is even better :-).

      Turns out she recovered, see today's post.

      ken

      Delete