Wednesday, January 22, 2020

New Chisels

I've started prepping the new chisels. It is going even slower that the normal very slow, unlike some of us I'm not much of a metal worker. Fifteen or so minutes on the stones at time is about my limit before I have to find something else to do. Then throw in the fact you can remove a lot of skin before you realize you are abrading your thumb along with the back of the chisel. Whatever, the 24mm is done and back in its box and I'm typing this with a very sore right thumb.

Not much other than working on the chisels is getting done in the shop. The AFeb is keeping me ragged out but finally some joy on scheduling the next step.

After hours on the phone with the scheduler I finely got moved to the head of the line and have a Doc's appointment tomorrow at 1300. Not a clue when the ablation will be scheduled but I'll bet in a day or two. While the procedure will be a PITA with an expected several weeks recovery period I'm ready to get it over with.

ken 


2 comments:

  1. Steve D5:20 PM

    Is your abraded thumb a matte finish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,

      I think more of a Kasumi. Whatever, it ain't shiny :-).

      ken

      Delete