Saturday, July 11, 2020

Tucson is Hotter than Hell

I'm an old desert rat, I've lived a good part of my life in one desert or another. Hot summers are just part of life and have not been a big deal. Here comes the but, over the last couple of summers the heat is getting to me. I'm not sure if it is age, past heat exposure, or if it is really getting that much hotter. Bottom line I just had to do a small job in the back garden and it is good that it was small otherwise I would not have finished.

While there has been no rain we are in Monsoon, the worst part with no cooling rain but high RH. With the high RH there is no cooling in the shade and the wind is like a blast furnace. The only answer is to do like the Bedouins and cover up. I wish I had some North African robes to wear this Summer.

Ok no more pitiful me, I left the shop in an unusable mess when we left for Oregon. In some ways that is good news because it means I have to clean and organize before I can do any work. That is in progress and in a couple more days I may start a project.

The three levels of curiosity:


Credit: Land of Cuteness.

What can I say other than I'm a sucker for puppies.

Levi has outgrown the chair and table I made several years ago, it is being passed down to Abby along with the last chair I made for him. It took so long to get to Houston he out grew it. I sent a "big boy" chair home with the kids when they passed thru Tucson so I expect the next project will be a school desk to go with the chair.

Take care, wear your mask, and remember heat can kill you,

ken 


2 comments:

  1. How hot is it Ken? Say, as compared to Oregon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ralph,

      Yesterday was a little under 110F midday here in Tucson, where MsBubba is staying in Oregon the high temp was 61F. About a 50F swing. As I have posted before, I do ok up to around 105F after that I'm looking for AC and a cool drink.

      We had our first Monsoon storm last night. Very little rain made it to our house but the outflow winds were unreal. The visibility got below ½ mile in blowing dust for awhile. I suspect we had a microburst nearby.

      ken

      Delete