Tuesday, January 22, 2019

LV Pencil Marking Gauge

I've been without a pencil marking gauge for awhile. I had a Philly Tools gauge that had a pencil holder on the off end of the beam that I sold a little over a year ago without thinking it through. Since that time I've used a panel gauge with a pencil holder or one of the combination squares while marking with a pencil when a pencil gauge was needed. While both work, neither is the best option.

I'd been thinking off and on about making a gauge. It is easy to do, you just need some scraps and a little time. Scraps I have, time not so much.

LV to the rescue. I received a flier from them the other day and on the inside front cover was a listing for a "second" pencil marking gauge. I couldn't whip out the AMEX fast enough. Today the gauge arrived and while maybe it is a "second" it is perfect and much better than one I would have cobbled together.

I expect the supply is limited and once gone they will be gone. It is a good pencil gauge for under $30 USD.


ken

2 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing and ordered too. I'm not sure what makes it a second. Maybe the finish? Definitely worth ordering, especially since the newsletter came when the had the free ship over $40 going on.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich,

    Same here, I can't find anything wrong with the one I received and it is just the right size to be useful.

    ken

    ReplyDelete