Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Changing Table

Some progress on the DIL's changing table in spite of few days off over the last month or so. I expect it will be finished before the big event if I can find a couple of days to work on it.

The base is Poplar and MsBubba has volunteered to paint it with Milk Paint. Which is a good thing for several reasons, I hate to paint and it usually shows plus one of the draw bore pegs blew out the back side of the leg. A little pooky and paint and no one will know.

It is together to measure the lower slats. Once the slats are made I'll clean up everything and hope I can get help on the glue up.

Then it will be on to making and installing a drawer to finish the base. The top will be some nice Cherry from the wood pile unless something else catches my eye.

A couple of photos:


From the other side:


BTW, that's a story stick with markings for the lower stretchers and slats inside the base. Story sticks come in very handy for fitting those kind of pieces.

ken

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Andy,

      I can't say it has been a fun build but it is coming together and is something for the boy child. For the last couple or three years it seems every thing has been for the girl child because she had the first and only grandpeanut. I expect things will even out now.

      ken

      Delete