Thursday, May 26, 2016

Tool Box Lid Waiting for the Glue To Set

When I draw bore joints most of the time I will use a little Hot Hide Glue on the pins. Glue is not needed in the joint but the hide glue lubricates the pin and I feel makes the joint go together easier. A long way around to....The lid is together and I'm waiting for the glue to dry so I can trim the pins and clean up the under side of the lid. Once that is done I'll add the dust seal, clean up the top side and do the hinges. Then that sucker will truly be finished and I can move on to other things.

The lid waiting for glue to dry:


I've a couple of days off over the weekend. There are a few Casa Chaos things that need to be done but for the most part I should be a free man as long as I stay out of MsBubba's line of sight.

A new PhillyPlane try plane showed up today, I haven't had time to do much more than unwrap but it looks nice. I expect the iron will take a little time to bring to working condition and it may take a month or two for the shock of the desert to finish doing its thing to the stock. I'm not sure what the UK's RH is but I expect it runs 60% or more most days where here in the Old Pueblo most of the year our RH's are around 10%, only going higher than 20 or 25% during Monsoon season. Stupid wood tricks sure to follow. I haven't checked the bed angle yet but because it is a single iron plane I expect Phil gave it a York pitch. Photos once I have it up and running.

I'm really thinking about dumping most of my metal stock planes, I'll keep one or two #4's a #3 and I expect a couple of #5's but the rest may end up on the block. I need to sleep on it for a couple or three months but......

No comments:

Post a Comment