Saturday, June 30, 2018

BBQ Finished

The brisket was put in the pit around 0700 and finished at 1600. After pulling the brisket I put a half dozen Luling City Market sausages on to warm while the brisket was setting up.


My favorite piece  is the first burnt end cut, it usually tells the tale, a great brisket or just ok.


This is a great brisket. 


It was hard to wait, the first few cuts disappeared before I could take a photo.  A near perfect brisket. Tender, juicy, and full flavored, see the smoke ring.

On to wood working.

The changing table has two base coats of milk paint. We (maybe MsBubba) will start the finish coats in the AM and I hope to have the top glued up before it gets too hot to work in the shop. The drawer just needs to be cleaned up. Of course MsBubba in the pool with a Martini changes all plans.

ken

4 comments:

  1. I think that pic is the closest I'll ever get to a brisket like that. Definitely looks like it was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ralph,

      You just need to drive a little Southwest to either Luling, TX or a little farther to AZ. If you show up on my doorstep I'll fire up the pit. BTW, it is worth the drive, at least to this Texan. I once rode my motorcycle to Luling and back in a day for a BBQ lunch.

      ken

      Delete
  2. Sure looks good, too bad we cant smell...
    Enjoy my friend

    Bob, Jean and Rudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,

      MsBubba would disagree, dead cow and all that rot. Myself, damn it smells good, tastes better. As I cut into it I get the best "doggie eyes" Maggie knows to give.

      ken

      Delete