Sunday, January 28, 2018

Kitchen Cart and Other Things

Slow but some progress being made on the kitchen cart. Work gets in the way of life most of the time. This week is interesting, one of my clients was my F.O. for several years back at the turn of the Century. He, Ms.Bubba, and a Paramedic made up the flight crew for most of the fights durning that time. BTW, it was the best job I had in over 40 years of flying. It didn't pay very much and was long hours but the folks in back needed you and appreciated what you were doing. Not once on any of the med evac flights did I hear a complaint about no WSJ on board or no fresh milk (never cream or half and half) for their coffee. You were flying people in need not privileged assholes.  Sorry for the digression, I loved what I did and it allowed a poor, dumb, West Texas farm boy to see the world. There is no way it could have happened without the privileged assholes.

Anyway back to the kitchen cart. Here's a photo of the top socket for one of the long stretchers. The bottom long stretcher will have a couple of small double M/T joints.



Ralph awoke my inter tool geek with his posts on his Record 44 plow plane.  Curses Ralph :-), you are costing me tons of tool money. For awhile now I've given into a Marples chisel jones which isn't too bad because finding the chisels made during the period I want is a slow process and the cost is low. This one is bad, I'm obsessed with wood stock plows and fillisters. Although for the last buy shipping cost more the the wood stock plow plane. Some of the others I don't want to talk about.

Photos of some of the plows to come later,

ken

6 comments:

  1. I almost bought a wooden plow on friday but I resisted. I am going to figure out and fix this %$@&&$#**^!)&^*(l 044 first. I will get one of the two I have functional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ralph,

      You are a better man than I. That 44 would be in the landfill by this time but at the same time I know how it is. This SOB ain't going to win, damn it.

      ken

      Delete
  2. He he Ken, I started with one, then for the longest time, none shown up on my radars, and then...holy shit, they are everywhere, some of them here :-)
    Plow planes, gotta love them

    Bob, where the grand peanuts just left, and Rudy is exhausted apparrently :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,

      Pretty much the same, I've been using a Sandusky for several years and happy with it. Then Ralph, it is all his fault, posted all the wood plows he saw were too expensive or didn't have irons. That made me look, damn there are a lot of pretty plows out there and yes some are a little expensive and not many have a set of irons. Neither of which has stopped me before.

      I'll bet is is just Rudy :-).

      ken

      Delete
  3. That should have been "isn't".

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you would be correct... the little ones sure have lots of energy :-)

    ReplyDelete