Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My Part of Vanity Build Is Finished

Title says it all. Done, the fat lady is singing, I've put the kickstand down, whatever, the vanity is installed and finished. MsBubba is going to install a Mexican tile splash guard once she finishes doing the sitting room tile but my part is done.

The base is Cherry, top is Walnut, drawer boxes are Soft Maple with Spalted Sycamore fronts. All finished with BLO based finishes.

On to making a hanging wall cabinet.



See you folks on down the road.

2 comments:

  1. Ken what is the height of the basin? I really like the mix of woods you used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph,

    Sorry to take so long to reply. Casa Chaos has been living up to its name, it looks like we are living in a war zone with all the projects in midstream.

    The basin is 130mm (5") high and the top is 910mm (36') above the floor. So far it feels just about right but MsBubba hasn't used it that I'm aware of. She is a bare 162.5cm (5') so her take might be different.

    Thanks, I wasn't sure of the Spalted Sycamore and was ready to use Cherry for the drawer fronts if the Sycamore didn't work. For now I'm satisfied with the look, what will be interesting is watching the Cherry darken with exposure.

    ken

    ReplyDelete