Monday, May 26, 2014

There is a Season

As an ordained minister in The Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) and Dudeist Priest I should be allowed to borrow a little from my Judaist/Christian brothers. Whatever, I think it was Picasso that said "Everyone borrows, Artist steal". OK so maybe this isn't stealing but, and I'll get around to the point eventually. Ecclesiastes 3.1 said something like "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under the Heavens".

Well I've reached the end of a season, I'm hanging up my Motoport riding suit, LDComfort underwear, Shoei Helmet, Kangaroo gloves, and Sidi boots for the last time. The three motorcycles are for sale. I can no longer ride safely at night because of poor night vision and the riding I enjoy is Long Distance Endurance riding, ain't much chance of covering long distances riding only during the day. The season has passed, I've done almost everything I've wanted to do on a motorcycle, it's time to quit.

BTW, it has been one hell of a ride, I've met and ridden with some great folks. Some that can, will, and have done amazing things on motorcycles. I've showed many riders how to ride safely and in comfort through the desert no matter how hot it gets. I hope someone will carry on with that mission. But whatever, it is time for me to put The Dirty Fat Girl on the kickstand for the last time.

The Dirty Fat Girl, MsOK, and me running Hwy 180 in New Mexico:



Sturgis SD for the 69th Bike Week:



Luling, TX City Market BBQ:


Outside Ouray, CO:



California Coast:




Well you get the idea, it was great fun.




1 comment:

  1. The bikes may be for sale but you can't sell memories.

    ReplyDelete