Monday, December 30, 2019

Working on The Chair

I'm doing a rough turn of the leg tenons, once the seat is mortised I'll clean them up.

I did a mitzvah yesterday and figured there was no better time to ask MsBubba if I could bring the seat and clamps into the house for the glue to set. Overnight should do the job, if so I will start on the seat tomorrow.

My line that started on Friday the 3rd canceled so for now I'm off until next Monday. Things worked out well, two solid weeks off without using a single vacation day. As of last Aug 3rd I have 20 PTO days to use before the coming Aug 3rd and then 20 more. I will at long last hang my scarf and goggles up sometime around the first of 2021. The decision then is part time or just walk. Walking may be hard to do simply because it has been so much of who I am.  Bottom line what that means is I need to use 40 PTO days plus 10 without pay and 2 personal days before the First of 2021. I'm not sure how many sick days are in the mix but they will need to be used as well. 2020 may be a very good year.

Time for a whisky and a movie.

ken

2 comments:

  1. Steve D9:44 AM

    Had to look up your comment. A meritorious act is fair exchange for clamping your seat indoors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,

    It always helps with SWMBO to have been a good boy first. Amazing what hanging up the shop apron and paying a little attention will do.:-)

    Sometimes in the rush of life I forget.

    ken

    ReplyDelete