Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Stick Chair Finished

The stick chair has been moved from the shop to one of the sitting areas. I'm not sure where it's home will be, could be the kitchen table or maybe one of the bedrooms. Bottom line it is out of the shop and on to finishing the new workbench.



I've lived with MsBubba too long and have caught some of her ways. This morning after looking at the options for jointing the long stretchers I started moving machines. Just like MsBubba and the furniture I didn't really change much functionally but the machines are all in different places.  The big change is the tablesaw is against the West wall and out of the way. Photos when it is all hooked up.

ken

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ken

    The chair looks really good.
    My favorite detail is the way the back spindles reduce in size a little distance before holding the backrest.

    And the color of the chair matches the red edge banding of the carpet.
    So I think it looks a lot like a success!

    Brgds
    Jonas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonas,

      It may be, so far MsBubba hasn't sent it to my office. In a week or two we will know success or not :-).

      ken

      Delete
  2. Looks good and promise not to comes apart with the season? SOLD. Will have to try that someday soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,

      All the joints are wedged or pegged. Traveling from Houston in the summer to Alaska in the winter shouldn't make a difference.

      Do it. it is an enjoyable build with new things to learn.

      ken

      Delete
    2. Wanted to add, even the first go at it will give something that works and is strong. It might not be "pretty" but it should be functional.

      ken

      Delete
  3. Chair looks great. Liberate yourself: ditch the tablesaw. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy,

      Thanks.

      Wait until you see my next post :-). The table saw is in its appropriate place against the wall and out of the way, photos to follow. If I could sale it, not give it away, it would be gone. I expect I will use it like Ralph does as a storage table.

      ken

      Delete
  4. Sometimes I hate Blogger. fingers get ahead of brain and spell check is useless and there it is for all to see. Oh well, it proves I'm a dumb old West Texas farm boy like I've always said.

    ken

    ReplyDelete