Sunday, August 23, 2015

This and That

First, I've a brisket in the pit. I've had to work at temp control today but I has kept me out of trouble so what the hey. Normally once the pit reaches temp you can almost walk away, just add a log every once in awhile and around 8 hours later it's BBQ. Today wind and ambient temp has been all over the place so my pit has as well.

Thursday I go in to have my right shoulder repaired. My guess is I hurt it skiing forty odd years ago, wouldn't want to rush into things don'tchknow. Anyway woodworking will be put on hold for a few weeks.

I figure the time can be spent putting spare tools on eBay. I'll post on here a couple of days before they are posted on eBay in case anyone wants one of 'em. Most will be motorcycle related but there are a good number of woodworking tools as well.

One thing that will be sold is the Dirty Fat Girl. We had a lot of fun together, been coast to coast on her in less than 50 hours, 1500 miles in less than 24 hours, Sturgis for the 69th bike week, Jackson Hole for a Billy's hamburger and more trips to Texas and Oregon than I can count. She has been a great bike but her time has passed.

See you guys on down the road.

ken

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you are parting with on the tools. Good luck on the surgery and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40 years ago, hum. Amazing how those crazy things we did younger comes back to haunt us later in life heh. Getting old is not for sissies :-)
    Wishing you a complete recovery.

    Bob, who did a few things the human body was never designed for...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ralph,

    Thanks, I will be posting some of the tools soon.

    ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob,

    Ain't that the truth. I can trace almost all my current old age pains back to some sport's injury.

    BTW, thanks to both you and Ralph but......After posting yesterday I realized the shoulder pain has almost disappeared over the last couple of weeks and my range of motion is pretty good. I called the Doc this morning and cancelled the surgery. I'm going with PT for now, I know it will not fix the problem but I may find I can live with it.

    ken

    ReplyDelete