Sunday, September 20, 2020

Kitchen Trash Can Box

In spite of the heat progress on the kitchen trash can is being made. The sides are cut to size and are ready to be glued and nailed together.

 


I may take a break, I had forgotten to turn the glue pot on for a couple of days and the glue was spoiled. I have new glue working but it needs to spend a little time hydrating before heating and use. I may use some 'yellow" glue if I get impatient or the other option is some liquid hide glue. I'll have to test my bottle, it has been awhile since the last use.  

Once the box is made all that is left are the upper and lower trim, lid, and a internal step to hold the bottom of the trash bag.

Like I posted earlier, the kitchen trash can should be a two day job that I expect will end up taking close to two weeks. My excuse is it is really hot in the shop and I have a 6 day schedule for my day job next week. 

MsBubba should be happy with it, she likes knots 😅.

ken


4 comments:

  1. Heh, if you only knew how long it can take me to finish a project :-)

    Bob, taking a break from unfinished projects :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,

      I'm not the fastest either. Too easy to find something else that need attention. Important things like scratching doggie butt or having a whisky.

      ken

      Delete
  2. Steve D7:48 PM

    That would have been a good excuse to make a coopered "can"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,

      You bring a laugh, I need the kitchen can this decade or at least before the grand peanut finishes high school. :-)

      ken

      Delete