Sunday, April 26, 2020

Fitting Slab Cross Support To Uprights

So far today I've stayed out of MsBubba's line of sight so some work is being done on the table. Today I'm fitting the table cross supports to the leg uprights. I'm using a bridle joint that will be draw bored with I'm thinking three pegs. The only difficulty with bridle joints is getting all the nasty bits out of the corners and the floor flat all the way across.






I've a trip to the wood store coming up to find wood for the slab. The slab will somewhat depend on what I find there at a reasonable price, MsBubba likes smooth, I like to feel tool marks and wood texture. On the slab she will win so I avoid the side eye every time she sits at the table. That kinda eliminates the Oaks, either Walnut or Cherry would be nice but have you seen the price of either. I hope something at the wood store inspires me.

The good news; Because of the way the table is constructed, if I start getting the side eye I can remove the slab and make another.

ken

2 comments:

  1. It's obvious Ken, you need to do a river table with two different species of wood facing each other across the river so both of you can sit at the table you want :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    It would work but MsBubba would set the table on the wrong side and I'd still get the side eye :-).

    ken

    ReplyDelete